Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Digital Footprints

In the first video, I was not surprised that kids got in trouble for posting pictures and videos on the Internet and that their parents found out about what their kids were doing. In the digital footprint videos, I didn't know that it was so easy to leave a digital footprint or that I was leaving one. I also did not know that it was so easy for people to steal my identity and personal information just by checking my digital footprint. I also found out how to try and prevent people from stealing my personal information.

3 comments:

  1. It is scary that people can just access all of our information. It sucks that they don't really teach you how to prevent it unless you know what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like all of these social networking sites like to tell you how you can upload and post things, but they don't really tell you how to hide them from people. You have really have to do some searching to figure out how to maintain a level of "privacy" on the internet. That's one thing they don't teach us in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really isn't surprising to know that kids think they're smart and their parents won't find out what they have done (they always post so their friends think they're "big and bad" V_V) I have had very slight knowledge on this topic; I already knew some-what about 'Cookies', but now I know for sure that you don't want to leave a 'Digital Footprint', lest you'll get Identity stolen... V_V some very wise insight. We should really learn from it.

    ReplyDelete